Today Kunanalling is a ghost town with nothing more than a few crumbling walls to mark where a community once lived.
The town grew up on the goldfields and was located 32 kilometres north west of Coolgardie. It was
gazetted in June 1893 just a few months before Kalgoorlie.
Originally known as 25 Mile the name was changed later to Kunanalling which in the Aboriginal dialect of the area means place of the eagle hawk.
The first mining lease in the area was taken up by John Dunne and Alexander Forrest in November 1893. The mine was originally known as
'True Blue' and went on to be renamed 'Blue Bell'.
The town continued to function until the start of the Second World War but after that time it was gradually abandoned.
Footage of Kunanalling and other Goldfields locations. (Kunanaling at 2:01)
Examining the ruins, wildflowers.
Located north of Coolgardie.
Click on a thumbnail to see full sized picture.