Kudardup is located about 15km north of Augusta in the south-west of the state.
Fires ravaged the area in 1961 but the old store is still standing as well as a few other scattered buildings of varying ages.
A school opened on March 27th 1922 and closed on December 16th 1938. It reopened on February 5th 1940.
The Kudardup hall was originally a shed used in a tobacco farm. When the farm closed the shed became the local hall.
It was used as a CWA meeting room and was in use from 1956 until around 2002. An attempt was made to form a community group to restore
the hall in 2012.
A house next to the hall was originally one of MC Davies' houses in Karridale and was under threat of demolition
by the shire. It was one of the few surviving buildings from the 1961 fires.
Thankfully both the hall and the house were restored and saved.
Kudardup in now part of a sub-division project that will se many more people move into the area.
PROBLEM PLAYING THESE ON FIREFOX?
Turn off Enhanced Tracking Protection
Click the shield icon left of the URL near the top left
Slide Advanced Tracking Protection to OFF
BUILDINGS OF NOTE
Old store, Hall, M.C. Davies house.
State : Blackwood-Stirling
Federal : Forreest
Postcode : 6290
Website : Shire of Augusta / Margaret River
Click on a thumbnail to see full sized picture.
Please note that using the https url will cause the photos not to show. To show photos use the standard http url.