Marradong was slowly abandoned when the railway line went through Boddington but at one time there was
a one roomed school, church, shop, post office, hotel, town hall and a telegraph station.
Today all that remains is the St Albans Anglican Church and cemetery that date from 1894.
Early settlers in the area included the Batt, Pollard and Fawcett families.
In 1903 a Road Board office was established but it didn't last and by the 1930s the town had been abandoned.
Today St Albans still watches over the cemetery and a small shed houses fire fighting gear where the town hall used to sit.
Many small towns suffered the same fate when railways cam through and went to another location.
PROBLEM PLAYING THESE ON FIREFOX?
Turn off Enhanced Tracking Protection
Click the shield icon left of the URL near the top left
Slide Advanced Tracking Protection to OFF
BUILDINGS OF NOTE
St. Alban's Church and cemetery.
Shire of Boddington
Click on a thumbnail to see full sized picture.
Please note that using the https url will cause the photos not to show. To show photos use the standard http url.