Preston Beach is a popular holiday destination where nearby lakes are a haven for birdlife. Original development in the area was in the form of two private land developments: Lakeside Estate and
Preston Beach Estate.
Martins Tank Lake
Campsite is located off Preston Beach Road North and is operated by DPaW.
Dr Alexander Collie and Lieutenant William Preston explored the area in 1829 and
discovered Lake Clifton and Lake Preston.
When gazetted in 1975 the name Yalgorup (place of lakes) was used but at the request of the Shire of Waroona the name was changed to Preston Beach in 1989.
TALL TALES AND TRUE
No information for this section yet. If you know of something we can add here please contact us and let us know.
PROBLEM PLAYING THESE ON FIREFOX?
Turn off Enhanced Tracking Protection
Click the shield icon left of the URL near the top left
Slide Advanced Tracking Protection to OFF
Beach, Lake Preston, Heathlands Walk, Lake Preston Walking Trail, Lake Pollard Trail, Yalgorup NP.
BUILDINGS OF NOTE
State : Murray-Wellington
Federal : Forrest
Postcode : 6215
Local Government : Shire of Waroona
Click on a thumbnail to see full sized picture.
Please note that using the https url will cause the photos not to show. To show photos use the standard http url.