GABANINTHA and PORLELL are very close to each other and were often mistaken for each other despite the difference in names.
26 55' S 118 39' E 40Km SE of Meekatharra.
The name first appears in April 1894.
Gazetted in November 1898. Town lots remained un-surveyed until 1905.
Latitude 27 49.8' S 114 41.5' E
Originally called Geraldine but was renamed in 1921.
GALILEA MISSION - CARNARVON AREA
On the bank of the Gascoyne River 4Km from Carnarvon.
Anglican Mission for Aborigines.
Welsh born, Edward John Brown GRIBBLE was selected to start this mission in 1885.
See Carnarvon for more on his story.
Originally called GARDNERS WELL.
Located between Cuddingwarra and Day Dawn.
See GALENA above.
32Km NNE of Kanowna.
20Km SE of Yalgoo
GOODWOOD TIMBER MILL
10Km W of Donnybrook.
Originally called 90 MILE or ROARING GIMLET.
30 03' S 121 09' E
On the railway between Menzies and Kalgoorlie.
Originally a name for YUNDAMINDERA.
Mining is starting up in this area again.
Ora Banda area.
Original name for LINDEN.
33 41 54.79 S 116 02 54.79 E
28 40' S 116 19' E
The townsite was gazetted in 1898.
Gullewa Spring was first recorded by John Forrest in 1873.
(c) Jannifer Harris
29 00' S 115 57' E
20Km N Morawa.
Originally it was proposed to call this place Muthingutha, the Aboriginal name of a nearby rock hole but this was shortened to Gutha.
Gutha siding was established in 1913. Gazetted a town site in 1914.