HEMA map reference 76/H5
(C) Don Copley
30° 37' 51" S 116° 21' 48" E
Distance from Perth: 187km
Small farming settlement north of Perth. Originally just a railroad siding, the townsite was gazetted in 1947. The name is supposed to be an Aboriginal word for a sharp stick used to fasten a coat. The name has been spelled in some articles as Bindy Bindy but we are unsure if this was just an error.
The first settler in the area was John Joyce (Sr.)
(Please help us get more information on this town).