Kalgoorlie - Boulder area.
Kamballie railway station
30 37' S 121 36' E
20 km north east of Kalgoorlie.
White Feather mine was established by 1893 near what became the town of Kanowna
Another source suggests that the mine was started in 1894 under the name of Day Dawn.
The town was gazetted in December 1894.
The population in 1897 was about 2500 and increased to 12500 by 1899.
Virtually nothing remains today but a few foundations.
Kanowna railway station
Kanowna fire brigade
White Feather Mine
27 31' S 120 34' E
50 km north of Leinster.
Gold was discovered in the area in 1897.
Townsite gazetted in 1900. Originally called Kathleen Valley.
KLONDYKE TIMBER MILL
Was located on a spur line of the Millars Bros. timber lines east of Yarloop.
Operated from 1899 until sometime after 1900.
Also known as No. 4 Mill.
Original name of TENINDEWA.
Kookynie is often referred to as a ghost town and although many buildings have been abandoned, there are still a few residents there.
It is located in the shire of Menzies.
Located between Morawa and Perenjori.
It is no longer abandoned as mining has moved back into the area.
30 40.9' S 121 04.1' E
Kununalling as it once was
Also known as HARBOUR VIEW and COONDIP.
33 41' S 120 11' E
Located between Ravensthorpe and Hopetoun.
Gold and copper discovered here in 1899.
Surveyor Alfred. W. Canning proposed the name Coondip, and a town reserve was set in June 1901.
Gazetted in 1902 and the spelling was changed to Cundip.
Railway arrived in 1909. The town struggled on until 1950.
30 32.1' S 122 13.6' E
Gold was found here in 1894. By 1901 the population was 262 Of this number 250 were male.
The town seems to have carried on until just after 1910.
Kurnalpi (c) Steve Mogridge
Also known as DIORITE KING.
28 43' S 121 06' E
40 km north west of Leonora.
Gold found in 1894-5. Town site established about 3 km from the gold find.
Town site surveyed by H. S. King in 1897 and gazetted in 1899.
Kurrajong an Aboriginal name for a type of tree.
Kurrawang School 1907
Located on the shores of Augustus water 18 km west north west of Kuri Bay.
This was a mission..