The tiny town of Tincurrin is a few kilometres south west of Harrismith.
Tincurrin school operates to primary level only. The general store closed in 2004 but there is an agricultural store and a post office.
It is yet another siding on the railway that gradually developed into a small town. Wheat and sheep farming are the main reasons for the town's existence.
The name has been spelled Tinkurrin in the past but Tincurrin was gazetted in 1922.
J.Oxley recorded the name in 1892 in reference to a fresh water spring. The name is Aboriginal in origin but the meaning is not known.
A siding was established on the Narrogin to Kondinin rail line in 1914 and land was set aside for a town.
The town has always been small but early development included a post office (1925) and a one room school (1938).
It became a grain receival point when C.B.H. builtwheat bins in the town in 1939.
TALL TALES AND TRUE
No information for this section yet. If you know of something we can add here please contact us and let us know.
PROBLEM PLAYING THESE ON FIREFOX?
Turn off Enhanced Tracking Protection
Click the shield icon left of the URL near the top left
Slide Advanced Tracking Protection to OFF
BUILDINGS OF NOTE
State : Wagin
Federal : O'Connor
Postcode : 6361
Local Government : Shire of Wickepin
Click on a thumbnail to see full sized picture.
Please note that using the https url will cause the photos not to show. To show photos use the standard http url.